The International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS) is the largest global professional organization representing the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery. From its founding in 1962, the IAOMS has been a friendly community of oral and maxillofacial surgeons, bound together by a common enthusiasm for the well-being of their patients and the advancement of their specialty.
IAOMS seeks to constantly expand its leadership role in improving the quality of oral and maxillofacial surgery healthcare worldwide. Its objectives are to:
- Identify, coordinate, facilitate, and communicate research and patient care priorities internationally.
- Communicate with government and international agencies regarding the priorities and strategies for improving care to the underserved.
- Facilitate the establishment of training centers in developing countries and provide academic assistance as appropriate.
- To evaluate and disseminate advance in other branches of medicine and dentistry worldwide.
- Develop a bank of information of learning concerning patient care strategies and make them available through electronic and other means.
- Develop practitioner-effective and friendly methods of international electronic communication and telemedicine to improve OMS healthcare.
The Association is headquartered in Rolling Meadow, Illinois, USA.For more information, Please visit http://www.iaoms.org